Andrew D. Lewis
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Kingston, ON K7L 3N6
andrew at mast.queensu.ca
- 08/2013-06/2014, University of Hawaii, Manoa, Honolulu, HI, USA
- Visiting Professor in Mathematics
- 2012-present, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Professor in Mathematics & Statistics
- 01/2005-03/2005, Centre de Recerca Matemàtica, Barcelona, Spain
- Visiting researcher
- 2004-present, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Associate Professor in Mathematics & Statistics
- 1998-2004, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Assistant Professor in Mathematics & Statistics
- 1996-1998, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom
- Research fellow in Mathematics.
- 1995-1996, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA
- Research Fellow in Control and Dynamical Systems.
- 1990-1995, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA
- Graduate research assistant.
- 1989-1990, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico, USA
- Graduate research assistant at The Center for Nonlinear Studies.
- 1987-1989, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA
- Graduate research assistant.
- 1985-1987, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- Undergraduate research assistant.
- 1995, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA
- Ph.D. in Applied Mechanics.
- 1988, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA
- M.Sc. in Engineering and Applied Science.
- 1987, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering. Graduated with honors at the head
of the class.
- NSERC Discovery Grant, 1999-present.
- Ontario government Early Researcher Award, 2005-2011.
of research activities.
- Mathematics and Engineering Programme Chair, 2008-2013 (Department).
- Graduate Programme Chair, 2005-2013 (Department).
- Advisory Committee on Policy, 2005-2013 (Department).
- Committee for Reappointment of Head, 2012-2013 (Department).
- Graduate Attribute Committee, 2011-2013 (Faculty).
- Dean's Retreat Curriculum Review Committee, 2009-2013 (Faculty).
- Senate Subcommittee on Scholarly Communications, 2008-2011
- Mathematics and Statistics Head Selection Committee, 2008 (Department).
- Mathematics and Statistics Head Selection Committee, 2004 (Department).
- Department of Women's Studies Internal Academic Review Committee, 2006
- Mechanical and Materials Engineering Head Selection Committee, 2002
- Advisory Research Committee, 2001-2003 (University).
- Library Committee, 1999-2001 (Department).
Service to scholarly community:
- Associate Editor, Mathematics of Control, Signals, and Systems,
- Managing Editor (co-founder), Journal of Geometric Mechanics,
- IEEE Conference Editorial Board, 1999-2006.
- Reviewer of papers for: Acta Applicanda Mathematicae;
Annales de l'Institut Fourier; ASME Journal of Applied
Mechanics; ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and
Control; Automatica; Differential Geometry and its
Applications; Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems;
Dynamical Systems, Dynamics and Stability of Systems; European
Journal of Control; ESAIM: Control, Optimisation and Calculus of
Variations; IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control; IEEE
Transactions on Robotics and Automation; International Journal of
Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences; International Journal of
Nonlinear Mechanics; International Journal of Robotics
Research; Journal of Applied Mechanics; Journal of
Mathematical Physics, A; Journal of Engineering Mathematics;
Journal of Nonlinear Science; Journal of the Royal Academy of
Sciences of Madrid, Series A, Mathematics; Mathematics of Control,
Signals, and Systems; Portugaliae Mathematica; Proceedings
of the Royal Society A; Reports on Mathematical Physics;
Robotica; SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization;
SIAM Journal of Applied Dynamical Systems; Symmetry,
Integrability, and Geometry: Methods and Applications; Systems &
- Reviewer for Mathematical Reviews.
- Reviewer of books for: IEEE; Cambridge University Press; Kluwer
Academic Publishers; Springer-Verlag.
- Grant reviewer for: Austrian Programme for Advanced Research and
Technology (Austria); Israel Science Foundation (Israel); National Science
Foundation (United States); Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council
- Grant review panelist for National Science Foundation (United States).
list of books.
list of papers.
Online list of students.
Online list of postdocs.
list of talks.
Online list of courses taught.
Andrew D. Lewis (andrew at mast.queensu.ca)