- Taylor, P. Teach the Mathematics of Mathematicians. Educ. Sci. 2018, 8, 56; doi:10.3390/educsci8020056+[PDF]
- Taylor, P. Has Mathematics Education misunderstood Homo Aestheticus? Problem Solving in Patagonia Universidad de Magallanes, Chile, November 2017. [PDF]
- Taylor, P. The aesthetics of mathematical modeling for the classroom, Fields Institute Mathematics Education Forum. Oct 2017. [PDF]
- Peter Taylor and Judy Wearing. Structure—an allegory. Performed at Bridges 2017, Waterloo University.[PDF]
- Peter Taylor and Judy Wearing. 2016. Structure-an allegory. Plenary presentation at the 40th anniversary CMESG/GCDEM Conference, Queen's University June 6 2016. [PDF]
- Krupp, D., Kim, J., Taylor, P. and Barclay, P. 2014. Cooperation and Competition in Large Classrooms. HEQCO Research Report [PDF]
- Taylor, P. 2014. My students deserve better. For the Learning of Mathematics 34 1: 34-35 [PDF]
- Kajander, A., Mason, R., Taylor, P., Doolittle, E., Boland, T., Jarvis, D., and Maciejewski, W. 2010. Multiple visions of teachers' understandings of mathematics. For the Learning of Mathematics 30: 50-56 [PDF]
- Taylor, P. 2009. Essay on A and B. Education Notes 41 2 [PDF]
- Taylor, P. 2009. Why the sky is still falling. Notice of the AMS [PDF]
- Will the real Q please step forward? 9th annual symposium on innovative teaching, Simon Fraser University, May, 2007
- Taylor, P. 2007. Mathematical Lens. Mathematics Teacher 101: 179-182 [PDF]
- "Last Lecture," Queen's MiniU, God is also a mathematician. May 2011. [PDF]
- The Adrian Pouliot Prize Lecture. The structure of a mathematics curriculum. CMS Winter Meeting, Toronto. 2006. [PDF]
- Canadian Club Luncheon Speaker. What's wrong with the high school curriculum?
- What the history of art can teach us about teaching. MAA Seaway Banquet Address [PDF]
- The teacher as artist: a letter to my colleagues. MAA Focus 24: 8-9 [PDF]
- Taylor, P.D. (2004) Review of the CUPM Curriculum Guidelines 2004, MAA Online
- Working group co-leader. Rethinking math thinking in secondary math classes. CMS Math Education Forum. Montreal 16-18
- CMS Winter Meeting. December 2003. Vancouver. Education Session. The tyranny of reality.[PDF]
- Taylor, P.D. and Sinclair, N. 2001. "Training" our students. Canadian J. of Math, Science and Technology 1:110-116.[PDF]
- Taylor, P. and Sinclair, N. 2000. Regular Lecturer, Reinventing the Teacher, International Congress of Mathematics Education, Tokyo [PDF]
- Plenary Speaker Changing the Culture Conference, Post-modernism and High School Math Education. PIMS Simon Fraser University
- Taylor, P.D. 1997, February 6. A small napkin. Globe and Mail, Facts and Arguments. [PDF]
- Taylor, P.D. 1996. Thoughts on university entrance exams, Ontario Math Gazette 35, 9-12.
- The MacClement Lecture, Mathematics and Poetry. Queen's University Fac. of Education [PDF]
- Royal Canadian Institute Lecture: The calculus revolution: right revolution--wrong subject, Toronto. Complex Variables: the poetry and music of W.J. Barnes, Quarry press, 1994. 131 pp. (with D. Helwig).
[Until his sudden death in 1992 Bill Barnes was my co-teacher for the Math and Poetry course at Queen's (IDIS 303).
That same year he won a 3-M fellowship. Many of his poems are quite fine. Email me for a copy of the book.]
- The Avis Memorial Lecture, Portrait of the artist as a young cadet, Royal Military College
- Taylor, P.D. 1992. A proposal for OAC Calculus, Ontario Mathematics Gazette 31, 26-30.
- Taylor, P.D. 1990. Care, not Speed, The Kingston Whig Standard, Sept. 13, 1990, Reprinted in IEEE Canadian Review No. 11, Fall, 1991, and in The Federation Focus, March/April, 1992.
- The Randolph Lecture: Calculus, where are we going? Seaway Section, MAA, Oswego, NY.
- Taylor, P.D. 1983. Zen in the art of archery and teaching, Journal of Literary Theory 4: 73-81.
- Taylor, P.D. 1980. On Virgil: my opening lecture to Mathematics 120, For the Learning of Mathematics 1: 49-52.[PDF]